Monday, February 11, 2008

Hummingbird Lane

I have been floating down memory lane lately and it just so happened that I drove by my parents old home (my home) in Huntington Beach. So many memories, good and bad. But, no matter what the memory, it was always solid. My mom and dad mad sure of that. No matter what we had done in our lives, all of my parents children knew that there was always Hummingbird Lane and my parents. Now that they have retired, we still have them (Thankfully!), but Hummingbird Lane has been passed off to someone else. Hopefully, the next owners of that home will find solice inside it's walls. I miss having my parents so close, but I am at least grateful that I can call them anytime I need them to say "hello", or if I am having a break down, or just to tell them something stupid about my life. There just isn't a deep enough place in my heart that can store how much I love them. I love them almost as much as my little family that I have created on my own! heehee I can only hope that some day, I will provide a home for my children that will help them grow up solid and rest assured. Just like I feel like I have! Thank you mom and dad!

3 comments:

Trent & Lindz said...

I miss that house so much! I have SO many memories there. It's so weird knowing someone else is living there besides grandma and grandpa. But like you said at least we still have them and can visit still. (Sorry about making you cry with my boys post. That was not my intention, but I'm glad you liked it:)

Amrine's said...

that is really sad that they have moved on. I also loved that house and will miss them not being there, but hey I sometimes miss my old house too! its really sad. it seems like everyone is moving away from that area that I loved so much too! But I am happy to be where I am at now as well! I love being married just wish I had something to do while my hubby is at work! miss you and love you
Rachel
my blog is
danrachel.blogspot.com

Waldron Family said...

Hi Joleny! What a sweet post! I have been more nostalgic as I have grown a little older. I miss them being there too even though I haven't lived in it since I was 18/19 yrs old but came to visit and brought my babies to be loved and watched within those walls too. Love you
Kim