Monday, November 17, 2008

Learning what's important!

Having the fires so close to our home AGAIN!, (last year in Irvine, CA) I found myself focusing again on what is really important to me. I wanted my computer, to be able to communicate with the world (and most of my pictures are on it), my fire box with vital paperwork and family jewelry. Besides a few items of clothing and bath items, that was all that I needed. My family was safe, Jason still has a really good job, and I spent the night at a nice hotel room instead of a cold gymnasium floor. I had so many friends and family who reached out to us, willing to help, and I was so extremely touched! Thank you so much for being there for us, we didn't need it this time, but it is so great to know that if I ever do, that you're all out there for us! All of these things mean more to me than any worldly item you could ever give me. Now I am off to deal with a mold issue that I have in my pantry and see if I can't get that all settled before Thanksgiving. I have a TON to be Thankful for, and I would love to share that day with friends and family in my home. Keep me in your thoughts and prayers...

2 comments:

The Talbert Family said...

We've been thinking of you so much over the last few days. So glad to know you are all safe and have a place to call home. Take care. -Laura

Waldron Family said...

Jolene, I am so sorry that I didn't know about all of this going on~ I am thankful for those of your friends and family that did and who offered. HOpe that mildew gets taken care of! Take care and have a great Thanksgiving. I am thankful for you! Love you tons